Monday, May 25, 2009

Chronology






It's a veritable chronological extravaganzo! Chronophile that I am, I'm having way too much fun photographing various watch and clock elements, including a wooden cuckoo clock dial that's sitting on a wooden cog that's sitting on a brass cog. Lens combinations range from an 18-55mm lens with a Nikon 6T diopter on the front to a 100mm macro lens, to a macro lens with various extension tubes. On the cuckoo clock dial photo I used a flashlight with an orange filter on it to give the image a bit more warmth. And you know what's weird? All these clock photos I've been taking the past year, all the clock parts that are finding their way into my photomontages -- all photographed by a person who rarely wears a watch! ©Carol Leigh

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I really covet some of these pieces! Your images show wonderful texture and grunge on the clock faces. You've got a wonderfully diverse collection of faces, and the arrangements help us notice and appreciate their differences.
CJ

Carol Leigh said...

Well, when all you've got are crappy watch faces, you're automatically guaranteed a lot of grunge! It's good you can't see what's going on just outside the frame. I'm shooting straight AT the clock faces, so you're missing seeing a lot of rubber bands and a lot of UHU tack holding these things together in front of me. And invariably just when I click the shutter something falls off . . . Yeah, photography, what a fun, relaxing way to spend some time . . . ha! -- Carol Leigh

Anonymous said...

What might be fun for us,Carol, is to have Chris take a picture of you take pictures. You know, kind of like Gisela with that huge reflector. Like your clock photos. Having taken your courses, know the effort to hold all the parts together. You do make me smile.
jc in nc

Carol Leigh said...

Good morning, JC! And having Chris photograph me as I take pictures? Uh-uh. No way. Ain't gonna happen! At least, not today. Glad I can make you smile. We are off to the southern Oregon coast tomorrow morning to spend three days just meandering and relaxing and to celebrate my birthday. Well, both our birthdays since Chris's is exactly a week later, but mine's a more "significant" one. Heavy sigh. Thanks for taking the time to look at my photos -- very much appreciated -- and you're in my thoughts. -- Carol