Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ona Beach


I know that I and maybe just three other people like these "drive-by" shootings, but the thrill has not dissipated at all since I began doing them a couple of years ago, and so they continue. I've learned to look for distinct shapes, shapes that are easily identifiable in all the blur, and that's what I find every time we drive past Ona Beach between Waldport and Newport. Here the sky/ocean blend together in a strip of blue, the white sand forms a second layer, and then the dark ground acts as a base from which the trees rise. The cool thing is that each shot is unique. I could not take this same photograph again if I wanted to. Everything depends on the speed of the vehicle, the bumps in the road, the light, and the shutter speed. Fun stuff! ©Carol Leigh

No comments: