Friday, January 29, 2010

Da train! Da train!

Thursday I took the train up to San Juan Capistrano to have lunch with a friend who drove down from northern Orange County. This is the first time I've taken the train and it was FUN! Comfy seats, footrests, tray tables, and BIG windows. I sat on the ocean side and took photos along the way and ick, they're really bad. But it's still interesting to see how things look from the vantage point of the train. Sunny day, sat outside to have lunch, and then wandered around the town a bit taking photos until I had to return. The best shots of the day are of some cactus, but I can't process them until I return home. Am planning on revisiting the cactus during my photo walk there on Saturday. This is a shot I took of downtown San Diego just outside the train station.

The best part? (Other than the visit with my friend?) Eating outside on a sunny day! Novel concept for this Oregonian... ©Carol Leigh

No comments: