Monday, March 1, 2010

More "stupid" bird photos

I'm having fun processing these bird photos. As I mentioned in a previous post, I inadvertently underexposed them by 2/3 stop. They were also in very blue, shady lighting. Here's how I created this effect: I imported the file into Adobe Camera Raw. I slid the "clarity" slider all the way to the left and the "exposure" slider all the way to the right. Brought them into Photoshop and that's it. Cloned a few errant rocks out of the way is all. Great photography? Nah. Fun? Yes! ©Carol Leigh

4 comments:

Cabby Bloss said...

I really like the high key look. Very nice!!!

Carol Leigh said...

Yeah, it's kind of interesting, isn't it? -- Carol Leigh

Bob Towery said...

I think it is art! It's also fresh and new. Kind of the birds stripped to their essence. Accidents can be good!

Carol Leigh said...

Thanks, Bob. And, based on comments I've received on these shots, I'm now scrounging around in the archives looking for more possibilities. The photos are so incredibly grainy that they won't stand up to much re-sizing, but am going to work on that as well. Isn't this fun? -- Carol Leigh