Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Same birds, different day

A few days ago I downloaded the new version of Topaz Adjust, Topaz Adjust 4. I opened it up and it looked quite different and so set it aside until yesterday to play with it. Remember the high-key birds from a few days ago? The second photo shows you what I originally did. I then applied the Topaz Adjust 4 "Dark-Ghost" (or maybe it's "Ghost-Dark" -- can't remember) and cropped the photo down further as you can see in the first photo. It's an interesting look, isn't it? While this is not my style overall, this is kind of cool for using in my journal. (I printed it out in draft mode on regular photocopy paper and it looks rather good!)

There's no end to what we can do with the tools available (and the tools that just keep on coming). Stephan Dietrich sent me a link to something that he created using Topaz 4, and here's a link to his shot. Here's wishing everyone a very creative spring! ©Carol Leigh

1 comment:

Stephan Dietrich said...

Wow! Even though a photograph, it is so much more... A work of art and like a painting. Great work Carol!

Combining photography and painting... the best of both worlds - with endless possibilities.

Thank you for the link Carol... Welcome to Topaz Adjust 4 and to use it within our other creative programs of choice.

The Photographer's Toolbox: From camera, to various lenses, filters, attachments and approaches (old school knowledge of film, chemical darkroom techniques and into digital)...

Then, to the aspects of the variety of "digital darkroom" programs and such, it is simply amazing the possibilities that we have today...

As I often say, "Seems that our minds and creativity are our only limitations."