Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ready for school?



This month in my "Discovering Your Creative Edge" alumni group, we're working on the concept of "school." I remembered that earlier this year I'd photographed (through the windshield of my car) a couple of school buses as they headed in the opposite direction.

The first version is a selectively desaturated image, where I just let the orange colors of the buses and the center line come through. The second version is a definitely un-subtle use of the Topaz Adjust filter. My original image was sort of a cross between the two. I like the rather dark and ominous feel of the second shot. Taken with a 70-200mm lens at 1/13 second at f/9 (while traveling 45mph). ©Carol Leigh

2 comments:

Diane Miller said...

I love the action in these, enhanced by the composition as well as the motion blur. Reminds me of the time I was tooling down the freeway (a rather major freeway -- 101 north of San Francisco) when something caught my eye about the car in the lane to my right: the driver (the only occupant) was looking at the road ahead through the viewfinder of a video camera!!! I decided to pull ahead a few car lengths.

Carol Leigh said...

Oh, man, THAT'S a scary story! But did you get a picture of the driver? Heh, heh. -- Carol Leigh