Tuesday, November 10, 2009

100 minutes on the beach



Storms have been moving through for what seems like a very long time, so when I saw sunlight this morning, I headed for the beach. Where I spent 100 minutes. And left just in time to duck the rain clouds that moved in again. There were only about 6 people on the beach at any one time. On my way south, back to the parking lot, I followed my own previous northbound footprints, noticing where I had stopped and looked and photographed. And I stopped and looked again, wondering what I had originally been looking at.

I was amused to see what looked like an albatross in the bluffs. The bluffs are in the shade, which creates a bluish tint to the blue-black rocks; the orange makes the blue look even more saturated. The second photo shows the overall scene as the ominous-looking clouds moved in. All in all, 100 good minutes on the beach. ©Carol Leigh