Sunday, November 15, 2009

Crabbing season about to begin

I'm offering an online "Creating a Photo Essay" class that begins July 1st and so to prepare for it, I'm creating my own photo essay right now. I've decided to put together a 10-15-photo "story" about the local crabbing industry and I'll be showing you the photos as I go, as well as the final result. I'm limiting the class to 15 photographers, so if you'd like to get in on the fun, I encourage you to sign up now. Here's a web page describing the class, as well as links to where you can register. http://www.photoexplorations.com/photoessay.htm The registration fee is $65 per person.


When creating a photo essay about a place, signs are often useful things to include in the mix. Here's an example of a sign I shot the other day while at the Alsea Bay docks. Not great, but it's bold and colorful and could be a good inclusion in my essay. We'll see when it's all over. ©Carol Leigh

No comments: