Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Alsea Bay


As I was heading home from Seal Rock, I noticed how the fog was moving in and around Alsea Bay, so I drove up to an overlook and shot across the bay, looking east toward the hills and then south at the Port of Alsea, the docks in Waldport. Even though my camera bag was in the car and I had access to a variety of lenses, I stuck with the 28-135mm. Why? Because light and fog move quickly and I didn't want to take the time to switch lenses, plus this one was doing just fine for me.

All in all, a good morning. 76 minutes of photography. Leaving the warm house was the hardest part. ©Carol Leigh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol,
These are lovely landscapes/seascapes? One can almost smell the fog. Great moody feel to them. Enjoy your "seeing the larger picture" shots. Thanks.
While in pottery country today passed some red, white and blue. Thought of you.
JC

Carol Leigh said...

What? You passed some red/white/blue and didn't send me the infamous "potty" shot? I'm so disappointed... -- Carol Leigh